Looking for a job? Do not stress! There are a number of local businesses currently looking to hire in Calgary.
So update your resume, open your laptop and submit those applications!
- WHO: Helcim is a payment intermediary that enables companies to accept credit card payments with ease. The service is easy to register, offers smart payment tools, and makes it more affordable for businesses to accept credit card payments.
- Workplaces: They are currently hiring three positions in Calgary. They are currently accepting applications for a lead guru, content writer, and SEO specialist.
- Benefits: Helcim employees receive company-provided snacks and lunches as well as health benefits, stock options, and generous vacation time!
- Who: Everyone knows Amazon. The online retail giant has opened a fulfillment center near Calgary and there are plenty of jobs available.
- Jobs: 13 jobs are available, including Human Resources Manager, Station Operations Manager and Wellness WHS Specialist.
- Benefits: Amazon benefits include health, dental, visual, corporate-paid disabilities, life and accidental death and maiming insurance, and restricted storage units.
CF Chinook Center
- Who: The CF Chinook Center is home to dozens of retailers from clothing to groceries to electronics.
- Jobs: There are currently 41 vacancies on the Chinook Centre’s job page. Open position businesses include Casper, Abercrombie & Fitch, Aritzia, Moose Knuckles, ZARA and Foot Locker.
- Perks: Perks vary by business.
- Who: Winsport owns and operates Canada Olympic Park, the Bill Warren Training Center at the Canmore Nordic Center in Canmore Alberta, and the Beckie Scott High Performance Training Center at Haig Glacier Alberta.
- Jobs: Winsport is currently looking to fill four temporary positions, including team leader, strength and conditioning coach, member of the food and beverage team and security officer.
- Benefits: Winsport team members get free parking, reciprocity in other ski resorts, food, drink, retail, program discounts and access to the Performance Training Center.
The city of Calgary
- Who: The City of Calgary is responsible for everything from public transportation and recreational services to handing over city budgets. Therefore, there are numerous options in a variety of positions.
- Jobs: A total of 33 jobs are currently offered in various departments in the City of Calgary.
- Perks: Perks vary by position, although all employees enjoy the security that comes from working for a company that literally cannot go under.
Repsols Sports Center
- Who: With everything from swimming pools to exercise facilities, Repsol’s is a great place to make money and stay fit.
- Jobs: Repsol’s currently has two vacancies. You are looking for a new personal trainer for evenings and weekends and a part-time custodian.
- Perks: Perks include membership and facility discounts, flexible group benefits, retirement programs, and more.
- Who: IKEA is the world’s largest furniture retailer and sells ready-to-assemble furniture, kitchen appliances and home accessories. If interior design is your thing, you’ll love working here.
- Jobs: IKEA Calgary currently has two positions available; Customer fulfillment staff and overnight goods flow staff.
- Perks: Perks include competitive medical and prescription plans, dental and eyesight plans, a retirement plan called “Tack” (the Swedish word for “thank you”), tuition assistance, pet insurance, and discounts on all IKEA groceries!
- Who: Starbucks is the world’s largest coffee house chain. Known for their fancy drinks and misspellings. The chain is a fun place to work if you want to get into the coffee world.
- Jobs: Starbucks has a whopping 158 jobs in the Calgary area that vary in positions and skill levels. If you’ve always wanted to become a barista, now is your chance!
- Perks: Perks include a free box of tea or coffee per week, 30% off all products, and a Spotify Premium subscription.
- Who: RONA is a Canadian retailer of home improvement and construction products and services. If you are a manageable person, a job at RONA might suit you well.
- Jobs: RONA offers seven jobs at its Calgary locations, including Appliance Specialist, Customer Service Representative and Cashier.
- Perks: Perks include a company discount, life insurance, and cell phone insurance.
- Who: Safeway is a well-known Canadian supermarket chain with 183 full-service supermarkets in Western Canada. It is owned by Canada’s largest supermarket chain – Sobeys.
- Jobs: Safeway has 14 hire positions in its Calgary branches, including cashiers, pharmacists and producers.
- Perks: Perks include prescription medication and dental services, visual aids, paid vacation days, sick days, and company-recognized public holidays, as well as the employee association for leisure activities at a discount.