Looking for a new Job?
There are some really cool companies out there hiring for a variety of positions around town this March, and it seems like now is the time to build a career.
We have compiled a list of 12 positions currently hiring for 442 positions in Calgary. So dust off your resume and apply.
- WHO: Helcim is a payment intermediary that makes it easier for companies to accept credit card payments. The service is easy to register, offers smart payment tools, and makes it more affordable for businesses to accept credit card payments.
- Workplaces: Helcim is currently hiring four positions in Calgary. They accept applications for a Customer Service Guru, a Lead Guru, a Visual Designer and a Junior Developer.
- Benefits: Employees receive company-provided snacks and lunches, along with health benefits, stock options, and generous vacation time.
- WHO: The online delivery giant made a splash with the opening of a fulfillment center near Calgary, and there are plenty of vacancies available.
- Workplaces: There are currently 20 vacancies, including Site WHS Manager, Senior Engagement Manager and HR Business Partner.
- Benefits: Amazon benefits include health, dental, visual, corporate-paid disabilities, life and accidental death and mutilation insurance, and restricted storage units.
CF Chinook Center
- WHO: The Chinook Center is home to dozens of retailers from clothing to groceries to electronics.
- Workplaces: There are currently 34 vacancies on the Chinook Center’s job page. Open position businesses include Casper, MAC, Sunglass Hut, Aritzia, and Foot Locker.
- Benefits: The perks vary depending on the store.
- WHO: WinSport owns and operates Canada Olympic Park, the Bill Warren Training Center at the Canmore Nordic Center in Canmore Alberta, and the Beckie Scott High Performance Training Center at Haig Glacier Alberta.
- Workplaces: WinSport is currently striving to fill a permanent position (Safety Lead – Venue Operations) as well as a temporary role as Security Guard.
- Benefits: Members of the WinSport team receive free parking, mutual discounts in other ski areas, discounts for food, beverages, retail and programs as well as access to the Performance Training Center.
The city of Calgary
- WHO: The City of Calgary is responsible for everything from public transportation and recreational services to making sure the city doesn’t go bankrupt. Therefore, there are numerous options in a variety of positions.
- Workplaces: The City of Calgary currently has 27 positions available across a range of departments, including a business analyst, golf course worker, psychotherapist and transportation planner.
- Benefits: Perks vary by position, although all employees enjoy the security that comes from working for a company that literally cannot go under.
Repsol sports center
- WHO: With everything from swimming pools to exercise facilities, Repsol is a great place to make money and keep fit.
- Workplaces: Repsol is currently hiring eight positions, including an aquatic operations coordinator, operations manager, and active life program manager.
- Benefits: Benefits include facility membership and discounts, flexible group benefits, retirement programs, and more.
The keg steakhouse and bar
- WHO: The Keg Steakhouse has five locations across Calgary and is discontinuing two of them.
- Workplaces: There are currently five vacancies in the roles of Hospitality Team Member, Line Cook, Dishwasher and Food Expeditor.
- Benefits: Hourly worker benefits include 40% off groceries in each barrel (for you and up to three friends!), Staff events, and health benefits for those who work more than 30 hours a week.
- WHO: Starbucks is the world’s largest coffee house chain. Known for their fancy drinks and misspellings. The chain is a fun place to work if you want to get into the coffee world.
- Workplaces: Starbucks has a whopping 202 jobs in the Calgary area, varying in positions and skill levels. If you’ve always wanted to become a barista, now is your chance!
- Benefits: Benefits include a free box of tea or coffee per week and a 30% discount on all products.
- WHO: Safeway is a well-known Canadian supermarket chain with 183 full-service supermarkets in Western Canada. It is owned by Canada’s largest supermarket chain – Sobeys.
- Workplaces: Safeway is currently hiring at two of its Calgary stores, including Cashier and Meat Cutter.
- Benefits: Benefits include prescription medication and dental services, eyesight care, paid vacation time, sick days and company-recognized holidays, and the Recreational Activities Employee Association at a discount.
- WHO: RONA is a Canadian retailer of home improvement and construction products and services. If you are a manageable person, a job at RONA might be a good fit for you.
- Workplaces: RONA has eight workplaces in Calgary, from branches to headquarters to distribution centers. Roles include Merchandising Service Associate, Operations Manager, and Talent Acquisition Advisor.
- Benefits: Benefits include a company discount, life insurance, and cell phone insurance.
University of Calgary
- WHO: UofC is the largest university in the city, spread over five locations and is home to thousands of employees.
- Workplaces: The jobs page on the UofC website shows dozens of positions that are currently available for application. The titles range from Sessional Instructor and Research Associate to Technical Systems Analyst.
- Benefits: The benefits vary depending on the department. More information can be found here.
- WHO: Calgary has two of the largest YMCA facilities in the world (along with several other smaller locations) and offers a wide range of roles to potential applicants.
- Workplaces: Calgary YMCA is hiring day camp counselors at Camp Chief Hector and Riveredge YMCA and a camp director at the Riveredge site.
- Benefits: Benefits include free membership, health and dental benefits, retirement plans, program discounts, and more.