Good news for those currently looking for new jobs in Calgary.
There is a multitude of job vacancies in town this April. We have compiled a list of 15 positions currently hiring for 550 positions in Calgary.
So dust off your resume and apply for some of these jobs.
- The: Bold Commerce develops e-commerce solutions for brands and retailers in 170 countries and supports over 90,000 companies, including Harry Rosen, Staples Canada and Pepsis GameFuel. Bold expands its presence in Calgary as part of a commitment to the growing tech scene and a desire to work with the best talent in the country.
- Workplaces: Bold Commerce plans to hire at least 125 new employees over the next 90 days, with a large portion from Calgary. The company’s open positions include software developers, product managers, designers, machine learning, and AI engineers.
- Advantages: Bold Commerce benefits include health, dental and visual aids with 100% of the covered premiums, flexible start times and remote working opportunities, and 20 paid hours per year of volunteering in your community.
- The: Helcim is a payment intermediary that makes it easier for companies to accept credit card payments. The service is easy to register, offers smart payment tools, and makes it more affordable for businesses to accept credit card payments.
- Workplaces: Helcim is currently hiring six positions in Calgary. They are accepting applications for a customer service guru, lead guru, product designer, front-end developer – Design Focus, a full-stack software developer, and a junior full-stack developer.
- Advantages: Employees receive company-provided snacks and lunches, along with health benefits, stock options, and generous vacation time.
- The: The online delivery giant made a splash by opening a fulfillment center near Calgary, and there are plenty of vacancies available.
- Workplaces: There are currently 22 vacancies at Amazon, including WHS Specialist, Global Account Manager – Energy and Senior Engagement Manager.
- Advantages: Amazon benefits include health, dental, visual, corporate-paid disabilities, life and accidental death and mutilation insurance, and restricted storage units.
CF Chinook Center
- The: The Chinook Center is home to dozens of retailers from clothing to groceries to electronics.
- Workplaces: There are currently 39 vacancies advertised on the Chinook Center’s job page. Shops with open positions include Sunglass Hut, Abercrombie & Fitch, Casper, Aritzia, and Foot Locker.
- Advantages: The perks vary depending on the store.
- The: WinSport owns and operates Canada Olympic Park, the Bill Warren Training Center at the Canmore Nordic Center in Canmore Alberta, and the Beckie Scott High Performance Training Center at Haig Glacier Alberta.
- Workplaces: WinSport intends to fill three permanent positions including Lift Mechanic, Heavy Duty Mechanic and Safety Lead – Venue Operations. There are also six part-time positions available, including evening and weekend mountain bike instructors, Call of the Wild instructors for summer camps, team leaders for summer camps and more.
- Advantages: Members of the WinSport team receive free parking, mutual benefits in other ski areas, discounts on food, beverages, retail and programs, and access to the Performance Training Center.
The city of Calgary
- The: The City of Calgary is responsible for everything from public transportation and recreational services to making sure the city doesn’t go bankrupt. Therefore, there are numerous options in a variety of positions.
- Workplaces: The City of Calgary currently offers 48 positions across departments, including a finance and investment advisor, technical filing coordinator, general manager of community services, and director of research, data and analytics.
- Advantages: Perks vary by position, although all employees enjoy the security that comes from working for a company that literally cannot go under.
Repsol sports center
- The: With everything from swimming pools to exercise facilities, Repsol is a great place to make money and keep fit.
- Workplaces: Repsol is currently hiring seven positions including an Aquatic Programs and Operations Manager, a part-time / weekend administrator and an Active Living Program Manager.
- Advantages: Benefits include facility membership and discounts, flexible group benefits, retirement programs, and more.
The keg steakhouse and bar
- The: The Keg Steakhouse has five locations across Calgary and is discontinuing two of them.
- Workplaces: The Keg restaurants in Calgary have four vacancies for culinary staff, service staff, dishwashers and food expeditors.
- Advantages: Hourly worker benefits include 40% off groceries in each barrel (for you and up to three friends!), Staff events, and health benefits for those who work more than 30 hours a week.
- The: Starbucks is the world’s largest coffee house chain. Known for their fancy drinks and misspellings, the chain is a fun place to work if you want to get into the coffee world.
- Workplaces: Starbucks has a whopping 106 jobs in the Calgary area that vary in positions and skill levels. If you’ve always wanted to become a barista, now is your chance!
- Advantages: Benefits include a free box of tea or coffee per week and a 30% discount on all products.
- The: Safeway is a well-known Canadian supermarket chain with 183 full-service supermarkets in Western Canada. It is owned by Canada’s largest supermarket chain – Sobeys.
- Workplaces: Safeway is currently hiring in three Calgary stores including Meat Cutter, Pharmacy Manager and Part-Time Pharmacist.
- Advantages: Benefits include prescription medication and dental services, eyesight care, paid vacation time, sick days and company-recognized holidays, and the Recreational Activities Employee Association at a discount.
- The: RONA is a Canadian retailer of home improvement and construction products and services. If you are a manageable person, a job at RONA might be a good fit for you.
- Workplaces: RONA has 11 locations in Calgary, from branch offices and distribution centers to headquarters. Roles include Pro Sales Manager, Payroll and Claims Coordinator, and Customer Service Assistant.
- Advantages: Benefits include a company discount, life insurance, and cell phone insurance.
University of Calgary
- The: UofC is the largest university in the city, spread over five locations and is home to thousands of employees.
- Workplaces: The jobs page on the UofC website displays over 140 job application positions. Titles range from Grant Writer for the Schulich School of Engineering to Research Assistant for the Faculty of Social Work to Sessional Instructor for Real Estate Studies at the Haskayne School of Business.
- Advantages: The benefits vary depending on the department. More information can be found here.
- The: Calgary has two of the largest YMCA facilities in the world (along with several other smaller locations) and offers a wide range of roles to potential applicants.
- Workplaces: Calgary YMCA is hiring 12 positions including part-time skate instructors, Camp Chief Hector Summer Camp consultants, and a health and fitness coordinator.
- Advantages: Benefits include free membership, health and dental benefits, retirement plans, program discounts, and more.
The home depot
- Who: The Home Depot is the Canadian branch of the world’s largest hardware store with careers in distribution centers, corporate offices, retail management and retail stores. The company has eight retail stores in Calgary.
- Jobs: The Home Depot is hiring nine positions at its Calgary locations, from Loss Prevention Specialist to Customer Facing Associate to Flooring Sales Specialist.
- Discounts: All permanent Home Depot employees benefit from advantages such as bonus plans, employee share purchases, reimbursement of tuition fees, pension plans, care programs, discounts on group house and car insurance and much more.
- Who: Microsoft is the world’s leading provider of software, services and solutions that enable people and companies to develop their full potential. Microsoft is recognized as one of Canada’s best places to work, providing customers with nationwide sales, marketing, consulting, and local support services.
- Jobs: The tech giant currently has nine open positions in Calgary, including Customer Engineer, Business Program Manager and Cloud Solution Architect.
- Benefits: Microsoft employees enjoy flexible working hours, generous vacation time, health benefits, discounts on their products and services, scholarship programs, and much more.