Good news for those currently looking for new jobs in Calgary.
The city has a wide variety of roles in May, and we’ve compiled a list of 16 positions currently hiring for 410 open positions in Calgary.
So dust off your resume and apply for some of these jobs.
Bromwich and Smith
- WHO: Bromwich and Smith is a growing organization across Canada helping people facing overwhelming challenges with debt, supporting them with compassion and dignity, while ensuring they are on their way to financial wellbeing. Bromwich and Smith began in Calgary and now serve Canadians in most of the coast-to-coast provinces.
- Workplaces: Bromwich and Smith would like to take on a number of roles including Debt Relief Specialists, Full Stack Application Developer, Bankruptcy Advisor, and more.
- Advantages: Benefits include health, dentistry, and eyesight. The company paid monthly transit cards, paid vacation days, spa days, and a company-specific corporate savings program to round out the perks for Bromwich and Smith employees.
- WHO: Bold Commerce develops e-commerce solutions for brands and retailers in 170 countries and supports over 90,000 companies, including Harry Rosen, Staples Canada and Pepsis GameFuel. Bold is expanding his presence in Calgary as part of his commitment to the growing tech scene and a desire to partner with the best talent in the country.
- Workplaces: Bold Commerce is currently hiring 34 new employees in Calgary. The company’s open positions include solution engineers, event marketing specialists, senior product designers, and more.
- Advantages: Bold Commerce benefits include health, dental and visual aids with 100% of the covered premiums, flexible start times and remote working opportunities, and 20 paid hours per year of volunteering in your community.
- WHO: Helcim is a payment intermediary that makes it easier for companies to accept credit card payments. The service is easy to register, offers smart payment tools, and makes it more affordable for businesses to accept credit card payments.
- Workplaces: Helcim is currently hiring seven positions in Calgary. They are accepting applications for a customer service guru, lead guru, product designer, front-end developer – Design Focus, a full-stack software developer, and a junior full-stack developer.
- Advantages: Employees receive company-provided snacks and lunches, along with health benefits, stock options, and generous vacation time.
- WHO: The online delivery giant made a splash by opening a fulfillment center near Calgary, and there are plenty of vacancies available.
- Workplaces: There are currently 24 vacancies at Amazon, including WHS Specialist, Cloud Applicant Architect and Senior Manager for Station Operations.
- Advantages: Amazon benefits include health, dental, visual, corporate-paid disabilities, life and accidental death and maiming insurance, and restricted storage units.
CF Chinook Center
- WHO: The Chinook Center is home to dozens of retailers from clothing to groceries to electronics.
- Workplaces: There are currently 22 vacancies on the Chinook Center’s job page. Open position businesses include Foot Locker, Abercrombie & Fitch, Armani, and Zara.
- Advantages: The perks vary depending on the store.
- WHO: WinSport owns and operates Canada Olympic Park, the Bill Warren Training Center at the Canmore Nordic Center in Canmore Alberta, and the Beckie Scott High Performance Training Center at Haig Glacier Alberta.
- Workplaces: WinSport intends to fill three permanent positions including Business Systems Analyst, Paralegal and Senior Manager, Health, Safety and Environment at Work. There are also eight part-time roles available, including Bicycle Technician, Summer Camps Call of the Wild Instructor, Summer Camps Team Leader, and more.
- Advantages: Members of the WinSport team receive free parking, mutual benefits in other ski areas, discounts on food, beverages, retail and programs, and access to the Performance Training Center.
The city of Calgary
- WHO: The City of Calgary is responsible for everything from public transportation and recreational services to making sure the city doesn’t go bankrupt. Therefore, there are numerous options in a variety of positions.
- Workplaces: The City of Calgary currently offers a total of 42 positions across a range of departments, including a Citizen Partnership Advisor, Telecommunications Specialist, Transit Research Planner, and Sailing Instructor.
- Advantages: Perks vary by position, although all employees enjoy the security that comes from working for a company that literally cannot go under.
Repsol sports center
- WHO: With everything from swimming pools to exercise facilities, Repsol is a great place to make money and keep fit.
- Workplaces: Repsol is currently hiring four positions including an active life program director, custodians and an active life assistant.
- Advantages: Benefits include facility membership and discounts, flexible group benefits, retirement programs, and more.
The keg steakhouse and bar
- WHO: The Keg Steakhouse has five locations across Calgary and is discontinuing two of them.
- Workplaces: There are currently two open positions in the Keg’s Calgary restaurants for the Dishwasher and Food Expeditor roles.
- Advantages: Hourly worker benefits include 40% off groceries in each barrel (for you and up to three friends!), Staff events, and health benefits for those who work more than 30 hours a week.
- WHO: Starbucks is the world’s largest coffee house chain. Known for their fancy drinks and misspellings, the chain is a fun place to work if you want to get into the coffee world.
- Workplaces: Starbucks has a whopping 86 jobs in the Calgary area that vary in positions and skill levels. If you’ve always wanted to become a barista, now is your chance!
- Advantages: Benefits include a free box of tea or coffee per week and a 30% discount on all products.
- WHO: Safeway is a well-known Canadian supermarket chain with 183 full-service supermarkets in Western Canada. It is owned by Canada’s largest supermarket chain – Sobeys.
- Workplaces: Safeway is currently hiring at three of its Calgary branches including Meat Cutter, Night Shift Leader and Pharmacist.
- Advantages: Benefits include prescription medication and dental services, eyesight care, paid vacation time, sick days and company-recognized holidays, and the Recreational Activities Employee Association at a discount.
- WHO: RONA is a Canadian retailer of home improvement and construction products and services. If you are a manageable person, a job at RONA might be a good fit for you.
- Workplaces: RONA has 17 locations in Calgary, from branch offices and distribution centers to headquarters. Roles include yard supervisor, sales specialist, warehouse team member, and pro sales manager.
- Advantages: Benefits include a company discount, life insurance, and cell phone insurance.
University of Calgary
- WHO: UofC is the largest university in the city, spread over five locations and is home to thousands of employees.
- Workplaces: There are currently 135 job vacancies available on the jobs page on the UofC website. Titles range from postdocs – cell biology and anatomy to admissions coordinators for the Haskayne School of Business to training assistants in biomedical engineering – Schulich School of Engineering.
- Advantages: The benefits vary depending on the department. More information can be found here.
- WHO: Calgary has two of the largest YMCA facilities in the world (along with several other smaller locations) and offers a wide range of roles to potential applicants.
- Workplaces: The Calgary YMCA is hiring three positions including Camp Chief Hector Summer Camp Counselors, Kitchen Team Leader, and YMAP / LIT Coordinator.
- Advantages: Benefits include free membership, health and dental benefits, retirement plans, program discounts, and more.
The home depot
- Who: The Home Depot is the Canadian branch of the world’s largest hardware store with careers in distribution centers, corporate offices, retail management and retail stores. The company has eight retail stores in Calgary.
- Jobs: Home Depot is hiring four positions at its Calgary locations, from Flooring Sales Associate to Operations Manager to Plumbing and Electrical Associate.
- Discounts: All permanent Home Depot employees benefit from advantages such as bonus plans, employee share purchases, reimbursement of tuition fees, pension plans, care programs, discounts on group house and car insurance and much more.
- Who: Microsoft is the world’s leading provider of software, services and solutions that enable people and companies to develop their full potential. Microsoft is recognized as one of Canada’s best places to work, providing customers with nationwide sales, marketing, consulting, and local support services.
- Jobs: The tech giant currently has 10 open positions in Calgary including Cloud Solution Architect, Partner Dev Manager and Principal Software Engineer.
- Benefits: Microsoft employees enjoy flexible working hours, generous vacation time, health benefits, discounts on their products and services, scholarship programs, and much more.