Calgary real estate is on the pricey side when compared to other Canadian cities like Toronto and Vancouver, but that doesn’t mean we don’t have extravagant homes in the market.
In our April round-up of Zoocasa’s most expensive Calgary property listings, property highlights include a temperature-controlled wine display wall, mud room with dog bath, butler pantries, rooftop gas fireplace and downtown views, and a full-size glass-enclosed gym with three mirror walls.
While these homes may be a little outside of the average Calgarian budget, they’re still fun to look at. Who knows, you might just find your future dream home.
These are the most expensive deals in Calgary right now.
5. 1,549,000 USD: 32 Spring Valley Way SW
- Living room: Approximately 5,256 sq ft
- Unique features: Located on a quiet street in Springbank Hill, this backward walk bungalow features a double sided fireplace in the living and dining room, spacious walk in pantry, wet bar and wine cellar, and landscaped backyard oasis.
- Other features: Four bedrooms, three bathrooms, travertine stone floors through the foyer, a spa-inspired master bath with a jet bathtub and steam shower, a large exercise room and an oversized heated garage.
4. $ 1,750,000: 2615 12 Avenue NW
- Living room: About 4,400 sq ft
- Unique features: This St. Andrew’s Heights home features a two-story foyer with a large curved staircase, six-burner gas range, oval dining room, and butler pantry. The neighborhood is close to McMahon Stadium, the University of Calgary, two hospitals, and numerous parks and green spaces.
- Other features: Five bedrooms, four bathrooms, underfloor heating on the lower floor, five fireplaces and a triple freestanding heated garage.
3. $ 2,499,900: 10th Avenue NW 1916
- Living room: Approximately 4,051 sq ft
- Unique features: This architectural masterpiece in Briar Hill houses 11 skylights with seating for 14 on the kitchen island, a rooftop terrace with a gas fireplace and views of downtown Calgary, and a bridge from the master bedroom to two other bedrooms.
- Other features: Four bedrooms, six bathrooms, a three-story central atrium, a gourmet kitchen with a separate preparation area and dining area as well as a master bathroom with an open 4-head shower in European style, two vanities and a bathtub.
2.3.149.000 USD: 1623 49th Avenue SW
- Living room: Approx. 4,207 sq ft
- Unique features: Located on Altadore’s only cul-de-sac, this luxury custom home features a temperature controlled wine display, media wall, full-size glass-walled gym with three mirror walls, and covered heated deck with retractable screens.
- Other features: Seven bedrooms, seven bathrooms, built-in speakers, underfloor heating throughout the basement, a large lounge with a bar and a gourmet kitchen.
1. $ 3,499,900: 855 Prospect Avenue SW
- Living room: Approx. 4,293 m²
- Unique features: A classic Mount Royal masterpiece, this home features a double-sided fireplace, living area that opens to a Porte Cochere-style terrace that doubles as an outdoor garden garden, a mud room with a dog bath, and a bonus secret office that’s behind one clever Millwork bookcase.
- Other features: Five bedrooms, five bathrooms, triple garage, tiered front gardens, and an easy walk to the restaurants and shops on 17th Ave and Mission.