Calgary real estate is on the pricey side when compared to other Canadian cities like Toronto and Vancouver, but that doesn’t mean we don’t have extravagant homes in the market.
In our May roundup of Zoocasa’s most expensive Calgary property listings, property highlights include an air-conditioned wine room, large theater area, lake views, an at-home gym, and a spa-style private bathroom.
While these homes may be a little outside of the average Calgarian budget, they’re still fun to look at. Who knows, you might just find your future dream home.
These are the most expensive deals in Calgary right now.
5.150,000 USD: 1243 Varsity Estates Road NW
- Living room: 3,699 sq ft
- Unique features: Located on Silver Springs Golf Course, this classic Varsity Estates home overlooks the 15th and 16th fairways from wall-to-wall windows in the property atrium and the adjoining family room.
- Other features: Four bedrooms, four bathrooms, a large fully finished basement, a park across the street and a shopping mall, LRT station and Safeway are all within walking distance.
4. $ 1,285,000: 151 Hampstead Way NW
- Living room: 2,477 sq ft
- Unique features: This fully renovated strike house in Calgary’s Hamptons neighborhood features new windows, an updated kitchen with an 8-burner gas stove with two ovens, a farm-style sink and double-edged quartz waterfall island, and a finished basement with fitness area.
- Other features: Six bedrooms, three bathrooms, a wide hardwood floor made of white oak on the main and upper floors, a large retreat with a walk-in closet and five-part bathroom as well as professionally designed front and back courtyards.
3. 1,495,000 USD: 3048 3rd Street SW
- Living room: 2,405 sq ft
- Unique features: This modernized and well-maintained home in Roxboro has a wood-burning fireplace, lots of natural light, a sunny dining area, and a family room with a window seat and built-in bookshelves.
- Other features: Four bedrooms, three bathrooms, a steam shower in the bathroom, a spacious, double-height foyer, an oversized, insulated double garage and a dark oak parquet floor.
2.249,000 USD: 2912 10th Street SW
- Living room: 3,031 sq ft
- Unique features: Located in the Mount Royal neighborhood, this timeless, elegant home features designer lighting, a wood-burning fireplace, butler pantry and basement with underfloor heating, a media / hobby room and exercise room.
- Other features: Five bedrooms, three bathrooms, a three car garage, hardwood floors, custom front doors, railings and closets and just five minutes from downtown Calgary.
1. $ 2,998,000: 44 Midpark Crescent SE
- Living room: 4,332 sq ft
- Unique features: Located in the southeast neighborhood of Midnapore, this lakefront home has triple-folding patio doors that lead to stunning indoor and outdoor entertainment, an air-conditioned wine room, open theater space, and a built-in Miele coffee unit and carbonated water station.
- Other features: Four bedrooms, three bathrooms, breathtaking lake views, a spa bath with a massive stream shower and an oversized jet bathtub, and a large private loft on the upper level.